• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK/Tit? (1 Viewer)

gradders52

Juvenile Blue Tit and...???? Sorry, mind is a blank and I should know this. Smaller than a blue tit and it's the white patch at the back of the head and the amount of yellow on the cheeks etc... Apologies for poor quality, very 'flitty', low light, under overhanging tree and rain! Many Thanks.
g

Attachments

• tit.jpeg
    tit.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 56
  • P1340331.crop.jpeg
    P1340331.crop.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 52
  • P1340339.crop.jpeg
    P1340339.crop.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 67
  • P1340342.crop.jpeg
    P1340342.crop.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 49
Juvenile Blue Tit and...???? Sorry, mind is a blank and I should know this. Smaller than a blue tit and it's the white patch at the back of the head and the amount of yellow on the cheeks etc... Apologies for poor quality, very 'flitty', low light, under overhanging tree and rain! Many Thanks.
g

Looks like a juv coal tit to me.

THANKS guys. What threw me was the amount of 'yellow and green' in the coal tit... my reference (and previous sightings) shows them 'greyer and blacker', what did for me. Being a juvenile I guess makes the difference. Thought it had to be... but then one gets doubts. Many thanks.
g

blue, coal and great tit youngsters are much yellower than the adults... but basically the same design as their parents!

The adults can look really grotty at this time of year too

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back