• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Portrack Marsh Nature Reserve (1 Viewer)

paulboyowhite

bird numpty
Today I took myself off to Portrack marsh nature reserve to take some photo's.
Although I was not deliberatly looking for anything in particular I was taking notice around me.
I usually like to take my dogs there for a walk but today they never came.

first thing I took note of was if you are listening you hear the birds everywhere and that is something I had not noticed before.The main disappointment today was that there really was more to hear than see.It was very hot and very sunny today so I imagine (and could be wrong) that the creatures are shading from the heat as they like us are not used to it.

I saw a pair of Goldfinch.What a beautiful little bird.I have never seen one or if I have I have never noticed this.
I saw some Black headed gulls.Well lots of them near the tees river.
A few birds I have no clue about and a duck but he ran away very quick as he was stood on the footpath and as quick as I saw him he was in the reeds.

Other than that there were some bee's,a ladybug and some butterflies.
Then as I was leaving a baby rabbit or at least young rabbit.

My photos were terrible as I am new to photography too.But I dont mind it was a nice afternoon out.

Unfortunate times now as work calls tomorrow so no fun for 5 days .

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back