• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

devons bunting (1 Viewer)

andm

while on holiday ,in devon went in search of the cirl bunting,first visit to location it was foggy visibility was poor to say the least, we headed to footpath and there sitting on wire fence was a sparrow shaped figure, got bins on it, I could just see black chin & stripe result!
tried to get a better look but bird took off when walkers approached.
we spent another 3hours searching in fog but no joy, there was no sign of weather improving and family had had enough so had to give up , did locate some yellowhammers and a family of stonechats which I never get tired of seeing.i had to get a better view , forecast was sunny , arrived early at location to a fantastic sunny start to the day, walked for about half a mile no sign of any buntings, but I could hear a bird calling I was not familiar with , headed towards call and there he was in full view singing away a male cirl bunting , great stuff, saw two more males and a female, couldn't ask for anything more , well maybe a Dartford warbler which is also been known to be in the area , :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back