• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

not actually today... (1 Viewer)

vanell

I went recently on a holiday to Norfolk and saw a few interesting birds.

on a visit to the broads i saw a marsh harrier, a hobby, cetti's warblers, cuckoos, a reed warbler and a pheasant mum with about 12 chicks just outside the hide, about 6 feet in fornt of me!

apart form the cuckoos i hadn't seen any of these before, so it was great!

Sounds like a great trip! It's so exciting to see species for the first time. And pheasant chicks! Have never seen those, only quail babies, which we fondly but inappropriately call "quailudes." Owell, the birds don't know. ;)

Hi Vanell, glad you enjoyed your trip to Norfolk, you did well to see Cetti's easy to hear them but they are so good at keeping out of sight.

regards
Cuddy

Ranworth, hickling and berney marshes, and there was another one we visited but i cant remember the name. we also visited snettisham reserve.

I was really lucky to see the cetti's actually because I was only about 10 minutes into the reserve and it was in front of me about 20feet away singing its heart out !

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back