• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

pagers (1 Viewer)

kev bryan

thinking about investing in a pager but don't if i have the time to get the full benifit out of one, or maybe I am just to tight to splash out on something that I might have to spend a night explaining to she who just might find out just how essential a piece of kit it is. Anyway met a guy at the weekend who used the bird net text message service which seemed ok and also appears to be better value (cheaper) so I would be glad to hear any opinions any body has one way or another on pagers in general
thanks Kev
sorry if this thread is in the wrong forum

thinking about investing in a pager but don't if i have the time to get the full benifit out of one, or maybe I am just to tight to splash out on something that I might have to spend a night explaining to she who just might find out just how essential a piece of kit it is. Anyway met a guy at the weekend who used the bird net text message service which seemed ok and also appears to be better value (cheaper) so I would be glad to hear any opinions any body has one way or another on pagers in general
thanks Kev
sorry if this thread is in the wrong forum

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh this is where birding and/or twitching will begin to get a hold of you Kev. When that pager starts beebing you will just have to leap off and go and see the bird. The heart will start racing and you'll start cursing that work/family/social life will all be at a most inconvenient time! You will also need a good team/mobile phone/car/money and soon your list will be 450+. But you will have a fantastic time ending up at some brilliant parts of the country and see some wonderful birds!
Good Luck whatever you decide.
Sue

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back