• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coming back from the shops 1605 (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

I'd intended to try to get to one of the local golf-courses asap to try for Reed and Sedge Warblers etc but the weather hasn't been fit for meandering around in the open. But today seemed not bad, 10/10 but not raining so I diverted that way coming home.

Of course once I was out in the open it did start to spot with rain but not too bad. I found 4 Reed Warblers, all doing their thing; I say 'found' but read 'heard' for all of them and 'found' for just one. I tried pishing them but they didn't want to know, although they all stopped singing and listened and then just started up again. Thanks chaps!

So just this one, singing in the first shot, listening in the second. Nowhere near as good as last year, I'll have to try again.

No Sedges but did hear (and briefly see ) one Reed Bunting. Plenty of other birds including a Lesser Whitethroat, but nothing of real interest.

Almost a waste of time and energy and the Moorhen didn't really compensate.

Bill

Attachments

• DS reed warbler, players 160507 1.jpg
    DS reed warbler, players 160507 1.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DS reed warbler, players 160507 2.jpg
    DS reed warbler, players 160507 2.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DS moorhen walking, players 160507 .jpg
    DS moorhen walking, players 160507 .jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 14
Nice round on the Golf Course Bill, at least you got one 'Birdie'..:t:

I wouldn't be too disappointed with the Reed Warbler shots at all Bill. I reckon that 2nd one is a beauty. OK it's not singing, but you GOT it and it's a little beauty. I'd be well content with those!

Love, Sue.

I do plenty of walking to the shops and back but never see birds like these. Obviously my shops are in the wrong place. I do well to see a Reed Warbler, never mind get pics. Nice ones Bill.

I don't think it was a waste of time and energy Bill, after all we wouldn't have your lovely photos to see if you had gone straight home!;)

They are delightful:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back