• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

canon lens hood (1 Viewer)

foxydave

hi not had a good day my camera was knocked of its tri pod in a hide no damage to lense or camera but its broke the plastic lens hood my lense is a canon ef 600/4 any ideas where i could get a replacment :C

hi not had a good day my camera was knocked of its tri pod in a hide no damage to lense or camera but its broke the plastic lens hood my lense is a canon ef 600/4 any ideas where i could get a replacment :C

Amazon list one here but it will set you back around £670! I hope you are covered by insurance.

Cheers,
Chris

They are "only" £394 at New York stores B&H or Adorama. I would guess you might be able to get it for a similar price somewhere in the UK. Amazon's price is Canon's full list. Did you try Canon - any chance it is still under warranty?

At that price and if you're not insured etc, I'd be trying to make one, possibly from some plastic drain pipe.
Not sure what the diameter is on the 600 lens, but I have the sigmonster and a 6" plastic drain fits.
I thought that the sigmonster hood was extortionists at £400+, but Canon seem to have outdone that.

There's one of the UK Photo distributors which do replacement OEM lenshoods - think it's Kenro with Marumi hoods but not sure if they go anywhere near that large. :(

The 300/2.8 hood is carbon fibre so I would be surprised if the 500/4 and 600/4 are not the same.

Maybe they're all carbon fibre then. I just thought that looking at mine where the paint chipped off it looked like black plastic, not the structure of carbon fibre.

hi guys thanks for all that info it looks plastic the lense is about 8 years old .its the screw down peice which keeps it help on to the lense thats broken off .dave

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back