• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

In The Wild With Gordon Buchanan (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
This new series which starts next Monday at 6.30pm BBC 2 focuses on some celebs out wildlife watching with Gordon Bichanan. Something bit different for Gordon.

I went to Mull for the first time late April last year, so it was frustrating watching AC suck the life out of it. I did that same boat trip. We'd been floating around for a while without any sightings so the skipper had called time and we were motoring back. Everyone else was busy scanning for other birds/wildlife, and I looked back to see his hulk of thing bearing down on us - not one of those moments you forget quickly!

I have not been able to catch the first 2 episodes but my Mam said she really enjoyed tonights episode with Ed Byrne. She said it was way better than Springwatch! As well as enjoyable wildlife there were also moments of humour with Ed. Must check out Iplayer to see if they are on there. The series continues each night this week and finishs on Friday, not sure who is out with Gordon tomorrow...

I haven't had time to watch them either because my cousins are up but I'll enjoy watching them back to back.

What a boring f**t he was! He was determined not to enjoy himself.
But the footage of WTE was brilliant! What a bird.

I really enjoyed Gordons interest in his subject. He was at his best, and he was keen to share his experiences a lot with other people.

Alaistair Campbell was a boring 'stick in the mud' and how boring was he - he did come around a little towards the end of the programme at least. :eek!:

I could not understand what Ed was saying at times as he tended to mutter a bit. He was a lot more interested than Alaistair, and much more tuned into his subject. :t:

I have been like you Euan, and have a lot going on just now, so not posted much on here, but that will change soon enough. :t:

I too, thought Campbell was awful (wasn't sure if I was biased as I don't like him anyway)! You'd have thought he'd have been more interested as he'd got family interests in the area.

Last night was an improvement, though I struggled to understand Ed sometimes as well.

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned that they were talking about a Common Gull while the camera was focused on a Black-headed Gull LOL (or did I mis-hear?)

Started watching them tonight I was quite annoyed with Alistair Campbell he just didn't seem to get enthusiastic until the end. I did enjoy the scenes of the White Tailed Eagles & The Puffin. I'm have way through the episode with Ed I'll watch the rest tomorrow but so far quite a enjoyable series.

Started watching them tonight I was quite annoyed with Alistair Campbell he just didn't seem to get enthusiastic until the end. I did enjoy the scenes of the White Tailed Eagles & The Puffin. I'm have way through the episode with Ed I'll watch the rest tomorrow but so far quite a enjoyable series.

After that first episode I thoroughly enjoed the others. Sara Cox & the beaver was a sight to behold! Looking forward to Cairngorms tonight. Isn't Scotland just the best place to be. I love it. Mull & Skye :t::t:

After that first episode I thoroughly enjoed the others. Sara Cox & the beaver was a sight to behold! Looking forward to Cairngorms tonight. Isn't Scotland just the best place to be. I love it. Mull & Skye :t::t:

Yes Scotland is a beautiful place. I'm looking forward watching the Skye episode I love Skye I drive through it every year to head to The Outer Hebrides.

Yes Scotland is a beautiful place. I'm looking forward watching the Skye episode I love Skye I drive through it every year to head to The Outer Hebrides.

You're lucky living half way there, Euan. We come for two weeks each year and have trouble choosing where to stay. Skye & Mull 2 yrs ago/Mull & Boat last year/Mull & Ardnamurchan this year. But we have to see Lesvos before then.

Watched them all back to back tonight. Not bad, but not great, though they were interesting and a good way to show folk what is actually out there. I think the subtlety of Alistair Campbell's sense of humour was lost on the audience, though not on Gordon (I had read the comments here and elsewhere and first few minutes I thought he was gonna be really bad).

I felt the John Simpson one was the weakest of the five. Although John was clearly interested, the "wildlife" sightings featured - especially the Red Squirrels, Reindeer and the Highland Wildlife Park's Wildcats, were less impressive/more predictable than in the other shows, though John's mobility may have been a factor in the choice of wildlife chosen in the show.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back