• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cr2 files what are they. (1 Viewer)

roywez67

hi, anyone know why some of my photos are filed cr2, i took about 60 pics today with my new 7d and used a couple of different settings so when i transfered them to my pc some were cr2 files and some were ordinary pics, i cant open them and look at them, have i done something wrong. any input will be appreciated .

cr2 is a raw file,you should be able to open the file with the software that came with your 7d

thanks , since posting i have found i can view them and alter them with photo shop, but the thing that i dont understand ,all the raw files listed are exact copies of the ordinary j peg picture next to it, i think i may have the settings wrong on the camera because i dont know why that has happened.

There's a whole range of settings, some are RAW plus JPEG - if you're not going to use both then you're using up space on your card unnecessarily.

There's a whole range of settings, some are RAW plus JPEG - if you're not going to use both then you're using up space on your card unnecessarily.

yea just checked and i have both raw and j peg selected, so reverted back to j peg till i know more about raw photography, thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back