• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

casual digiscoper - which would you choose? (1 Viewer)

postcardcv

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
I used to digiscope a lot but tend to use a DSLR these days so don't do too much now. I use a Swaro scope with 20-60x and 30x eyepeices (and have a DCA) and currently have a Nikon J1 with 10-30 and a Nikon P300 which I use for digiscoping. Being honest neither see much use as I probably only digiscope once or twice a month so I am going to sell one of them and keep the other for when I feel the need. I will get around to doing some test shots with them both over the weekend but was wondering which others would choose to keep?

One of the best features for digiscoping is the Electronic Viewfinder. Makes it much easier to observe and focus the scope. I would sell both and get a V1/V2. If the viewfinder is not important and you like the ease of use of the P300, sell both and get the P330. It's a big step up from the P300 and will make a good travel camera too with RAW.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back