• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

question re OM-D focus square (1 Viewer)

texassue

I just got this camera. When I half-press the shutter, the focus square shows up and immediately disappears. I am used to being able to reframe while the button is half-pressed. I can't find any setting that changes this behavior, so any tips are appreciated. I have printed out the manual, but haven't found the answer yet (if one exists).

hello my friend, i don't have the OM-D but i have just checked with my EPL5 and found its the same, i have not noticed it before wonder why, but usually when i want my focusing point on anther place than the center i change the focusing dots to where i want, frankly this is not always practical when your subject is a birds.

I haven't used the OM-D but, looking at the handbook, it should work.

You need to make sure that the camera is set to Single Target and S-AF mode. Half press the shutter and locate the target over the part of the subject that you wish to be in focus. Check that the AF confirmation mark, at the bottom left in the viewfinder, is illuminated. Keeping the button half pressed recompose the shot and press the button all the way down.

The manual doesn't say whether the Target should stay in the viewfinder or immediately disappear but the important bit seems to be that you should check the AF confirmation mark.

I don't know if this helps or if it is what you are doing at the moment.

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back