• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for a Home? (1 Viewer)

pauco

Старлин&
Over the last 10 days i have been keeping an eye on the roosting pouches, and there have been a few wrens making good use of them, coming in at dusk, best count is 6. Blue tits around 8 use them. Today the coldest east wind blowing 5-30am, went out to feed the tribe, Blackbirds waiting for apples-sultanas, water frozen solid, some frost over night!! so topped it up with fresh water. Lots of early feeding due to bitter cold, around midday Blue tits-housesparrows-and 1 Robin, all checking out nestbox's the Robin was looking into the open fronted one that was used last year, so fingers crossed.

Hi
Paul
Always a great time of year due to the breeding season. Just had a few visits from the odd blues and greats of late. I have had a robin box up a few years now but sadly it's a no go on the bird front. Let us know how it all pans out.

Hi Stephen, will do, a pair of Robins used the box last year so fingers crossed. Nice to see you posting again.

Hi Paul..... I'm still used to calling you Bert! ;)

We put up a bird house for the first time for the spring season too. I'm hoping to get either black capped chickadees or (more likely) tree swallows. Had loads of tree swallows floating around this neighbourhood all last summer.... they were fabulous for keeping the mosquito population down a bit! :)

Good luck with yours and good luck with mine too!

We have had these roosting pockets for about two years now and I have yet to see signs of use of roosting. But I have noticed the Tits during the day seem to go inside to see if any bugs are in them.

We do have a Great Tit using our nest box for roosting though.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back