• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zambia bat ID (1 Viewer)

MSA

I may be relaxed but I'm not drunk....
Pic taken inside my lodge! I forgot to take a proper measurement, but estimate length to be about 3 inches. I do have another couple of pics but all from same angle and don't appear to show any other features.

Attachments

• IMG_9256web.jpg
    IMG_9256web.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 99
Check Schlieffen's Twilight Bat (Nyctecius schlieffeni) :)

EDIT: Forearm varies in length from 29 to 35 mm; perhaps this is useful as measurements might be possible to obtain by comparing with the mesh of the background net.

Last edited:
Check Schlieffen's Twilight Bat (Nyctecius schlieffeni) :)

EDIT: Forearm varies in length from 29 to 35 mm; perhaps this is useful as measurements might be possible to obtain by comparing with the mesh of the background net.

Thanks Rafael, I reckon you've nailed it! Measurement looks about right based upon my estimate, but sadly I have no idea about the mesh size so cannot check. I just need to make sure there's no confusion species that can't be ruled out; quick google suggests not.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back