• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Baby Robins (1 Viewer)

Ombres

Ok, I need some advice please! Ihave reasied baby ducks and swans and grackles but never a Baby Robin and I am wildlife rehaber. The girl that does the robins int this area is full and she was quite brief on what to do. I need some help....I would feel alot better if these 2 babies would just quack..LOL

Baby robins will take small insects and pieces of chopped fruit. Small pieces of dogfood soaked in water or pedialyte. You can feed with your fingers but I recommend a curved hemostat because you can push the food into their mouth easier. Place the food in the back of the mouth- gently. Make sure insects are pre-killed and everything is moist. Good luck and make sure to update us on their progress.

We use a Robin mash to feed them. It's a mix of baby foods, bird protien, puppy food and pedialyte. The feeding is done with a syreng so we don't have to really handle them that much. Thanks for the tips, it does help make me feel better. So far, the 2 are doing great. Feedings are every 20-30 minutes and the temp in the room is kept at a good 75- 80 degrees. Second day and so far, all is well.

Hi Ombres. On another thread regarding the same problem, chopped up mealworms were also suggested and you should be able to get your hands on some frozen mealworms and defrost as needed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. We have found the mash to work really good and from what I have been taught, it has worked for a long time. I think I will stick with this..I don't like wiggly worms or the idea of having to freeze them and defrost them. Babies are peeping..thats a sweet sound.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back