• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New binocular rangefinder? (1 Viewer)

JabaliHunter

From the recent Zeiss newsletter:
Tried-and-tested ZEISS quality paired with technical features like Bluetooth connectivity make the new high-performance optic a must-have, no matter whether you're out in flat areas or up in the mountains. Carefully designed down to the last detail, the optic not only redefines ergonomics, but also sets new standards when it comes to handling.

The new star in the optics firmament will be featured at Shotshow 2018 and at the Jagd und Hund hunting exhibition. Definitely something to look forward to.
Any thoughts?

On the Zeiss Hunting Facebook pages there is a tease of a new product involving the rear screen of a camera that is pointing at the screen of a cell phone that is displaying a pair of binos.

The tease is "oops we nearly showed our new product". The bino image is very small but it is possible to see it doesn't have an SF style bridge.

My bet is a rangefinder variation of HT.

Lee

I hope it's better than the previous rangefinder ....In my opinion the older version was hopeless.....The monocular which provided the display was horrible.....It was significantly darker than than the other monocular and left a clear stamp on the field of view to provide the readout . ..

Cheers Tim

OK, got a look at the HT Range today.
8 and 10x both in 42 and 54.
Range 2.3 kilometer (oeps).
Same slim design and handling as the original HT with almost the same weight (caused by battery).
Same pricing as the Swaro Ranges.

Jan

The 8x54 has my attention even if there is no green armoured option but is anyone able to confirm with 100% certainty if this model has addressed the issue of one barrel being compromised (slightly) in terms of image quality by the presence of the ranging electronics please?

That said perhaps both barrels now share the malady!

Thank you

LGM

The 8x54 has my attention even if there is no green armoured option but is anyone able to confirm with 100% certainty if this model has addressed the issue of one barrel being compromised (slightly) in terms of image quality by the presence of the ranging electronics please?

That said perhaps both barrels now share the malady!

Thank you

LGM

LGM,

AFAIK is Swarovski the only range manufacturer where the barrels are not compromised, the reason for the bulbs beneath the barrels of the EL Range.
The transmission of the Zeiss barrels differ slightly as a consequence of their design choice.
Testresults will have to point out wether their lowest transmission barrel will or will not be higher compared to the Swarovski's transmission.

Time (read Gijs) will tell.

Jan

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back