• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HBW Vol 9 coming soon! (1 Viewer)

Dan drough

I rec'd a circular yesterday from Lynx (as I'm sure many of you have) but perhapsd others may like to know so they can start saving up!

At least there will be one or two in this one that I have seen or heard of!

Looking forward as usual!

The graphics don't copy across ........

Subject: Lynx E-Notice - June 2004
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:17:42 +0200

www.hbw.com

June 2004

HBW VOLUME 9 PRE-PUBLICATION OFFER

Available 31 August 2004

A spectacular new volume dealing with passerines from all continents.
Contains more pages than other HBW volumes published to date!

Still haven't purchased your copy of HBW Vol. 9?
If not, order before 31st August and take advantage of the
pre-publication offer.

... AND A WHOLE LOT MORE!

Available
July 2004

SAVE 20% on the purchase of Birds of South Asia!
Visit our website or contact us to find out how!

Available
Autumn 2004

Don't miss our FREE colour CATALOGUE with full details about this essential new volume and other interesting releases from Lynx Edicions.
Our 2004 range also features books from Christopher Helm, Poyser, BirdLife and other specialized publishers.
Contact us if you haven't received
your copy yet!

For up-to-date information and on-line purchasing, visit our website at www.hbw.com

Visited the Internet Bird Collection (IBC) lately?

The site now gets between 600 and 900 visits daily and boasts more than 1600 videos covering 800 species in action.

Check out the IBC at: www.hbw.com/ibc/!

NEW! Take part in our new Falcon rating system and give your opinion on the quality and interest of the videos.

NEW! The IBC will soon be awarding exciting prizes for those contributing videos to the site. Why not take part and send us your videos? There are already 28 contributors.

Cheers for that Dan

managed to get Vol. 8 at the OBC meeting on Sat for 80 pounds. A steal. Fantastic photos and plates and just about the best info you could get on sub-oscine passerines. If 9 is anything as good i'll be one happy boy!

Don't encourage me any more, Dan. I suppose I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start shelling out the £800 for this fantastic series of books. Everytime I visit my friend (who owns the lot) and leaf through each superb volume I feel drawn closer to the vortex. I could just sell my bins and scope and become an armchair birder.....

E

Edward said:
Don't encourage me any more, Dan. I suppose I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start shelling out the £800 for this fantastic series of books. Everytime I visit my friend (who owns the lot) and leaf through each superb volume I feel drawn closer to the vortex. I could just sell my bins and scope and become an armchair birder.....

E

Edward
Check out HBW.com - I believe there is a way to spread the payments and if you do buy the lot at a go tell them `I told you because then I can get a Vol free I think!

Indeed you can spread the payment and if I introduce you - I'll save about £50 on Vol 9 if you buy Vols 1 to 9 - what can be better than that!!!!!!!!!

I started buying them at around vol 5, when I came across a pre-publication offer.

If you do buy them, they keep you on their list, so you get the offer of each one at pre pub price.

I am running out of arms and legs... but they are worth it!

(Only about another 9 to go after this one!)

Dan drough said:
Indeed you can spread the payment and if I introduce you - I'll save about £50 on Vol 9 if you buy Vols 1 to 9 - what can be better than that!!!!!!!!!
Can I persuade anyone to buy them, too?

They really are brilliant . . . . ;)

Michael

I heard they were doing one on Mammals of the World - when is that going to start,

One on dragonflies and one on butterflies would be good as well.

You can't take it with you and be assured that in your old age when you are on the bones of your arse and the house is freezing they would make excellent fuel!

Dan drough said:
I heard they were doing one on Mammals of the World - when is that going to start
When HBW is finished - that's what they said in the announcement about it.

The rest of the HBW vols are supposed to be coming out one per year, rather than the original 18 month schedule, so it won't be quite so long (but harder on the wallet, oops, correction, mortgage)

Michael

Expensive? Yes! Worth it? Yes!!!!!! Nothing like walking past your bookshelf and seeing the equivalent of a compact car stacked up:) Seriously, don't you think that the series is becoming better with every book? I started buying HBW from No. 1, way back when there was a lot of serious doubt that Lynx could pull it off.

Michael Frankis said:
When HBW is finished - that's what they said in the announcement about it.

The rest of the HBW vols are supposed to be coming out one per year, rather than the original 18 month schedule, so it won't be quite so long (but harder on the wallet, oops, correction, mortgage)

Michael

I need it quicker than that - I think there'll be 16 Volumes of HBW - thats prbably 7 or 8 years before starting to publish.

Lynx - if you read this please pull your socks up I'm sure there'd be thousands of advance orders.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back