• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

July 7 - 21, NW Ecuador - Possible birding companion(s) wanted (1 Viewer)

curtA2

Hey, I'm stuck with July 7 - 21 dates (might be able to add a day or two if I "must"). I've never been to Ecuador. Will be trying to keep it as cheap as possible, so will camp/do budget lodging when I can, etc., so funds can be spent on guides, etc as needed. But, with other people, flexibility will increase. I won't be seriously constrained by money, but will not be frivolous. Plan to rent a car for the whole trip, unless plans make that unnecessary. I will be twitching to some extent, but mostly will have a hit list, and want to take lots of photos and video. I like to digiscope. If people want to make it a Choco endemic trip, that would be fine with me as long as we can add some basics (especially highland stuff like Condor, Giant Hummer, Hillstar, Seedsnipe for example. I'm thinking Antisana/Papallacta/Guango for probably 3 days, but am open to other ideas. Not sure if anyone is seeing Black-Breasted Puffleg lately.) Conversely, I would be game for some more adventure to get to wilderness - I am up for backpacking in, if that's what we want to do. I'm in excellent shape and will probably have ultralight gear for camping. Here's the thing - I will be birding/photographing every available minute - beyond that, I am game for most anything. PS. I am an excellent birder, although have not been birding too much in the past 10 years. I'm 58 - hearing not what it was, but not too bad. Some young ears on this trip would be fanfreakingtastic! I have birded lowlands in Panama and a little bit in Peru. This trip could be viewed as a kick-off for the rest of my life :) (Just got divorced :t:) Let me know if you might be interested. Curt

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back