• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ed's thread (1 Viewer)

Hello all. Back to to the WTE canvas yesterday evening after a no painting weekend. I was expecting the WTEs to turn out looking like they had been done as rub-on stickers onto the backgound- but they have worked OK I think. A little bit of tinkering with the shape and maybe softening the wing outlines, then onto the egrets.

Attachments

• 256304380_snQv8-M-1.jpg
    256304380_snQv8-M-1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 131
yes they've worked, tinkering to a minimum, absolute minimum! This is going to be a wonderful piece, can't wait to see it finished.

I think if I'd been as successful as this, I'd be scared to death to do anything that may spoil it - just lovely. However - - - - I know you're made of sterner stuff, so, all the very best and look forward to the end result.

Morning all. Eagles safely tinkered with - before and after attached for anyone at all curious- the problem was that the lower one looked too dark and compact and alltogether rather roughleg buzzardy. Both birds are still a bit too dark for WTE, but I'm letting that pass now for artistic reasons.

Egrets now painted in, so whilst I can see some scope for more fiddling, this one is probably done.

Onward- maybe merganser time.

Attachments

• eagle1.jpg
    eagle1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 799DSC_0097.JPG
    799DSC_0097.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 105
  • brighter799DSC_0106 copy.jpg
    brighter799DSC_0106 copy.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 121
any tinkering now would be purely for the sake of it, this is a winner in my eyes, get mergansers going and put this stunner aside. I love the lift the egrets create in this. Plenty of movement.

First things first - totally beautiful. Everything from the design and comp, to colour and paint application - just Ace! (I don't see anything but W-t E in the jizz and colour and they're drawn brilliantly.)
A masterclass in panting nature. Thanks!

Ed - that makes quite a difference yet I hadn't noticed the buzzard effect until you mentioned it...

Wonderful painting! Looking forward to mergansers!

The wte painting has got the lot, the atmosphere is fantastic. I also really like the abstract shapes with buckets of movement that the egrets create. Terrific work, love it!

Mike

Morning all. Got the tidetables through for this spring's wader censussing effort in S Korea, so pulse quickens and thoughts turn to Spoonies. Here's a quickie- exciting subject, but not an exciting composition, but just fancied a go with the bristlies.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 128
Hello all- here's a quick personal memento of the windy windy day on Tuesday- saw this Blackbird on the roof just before I left for work, trying to work the moss and looking really pissed off as his tail got bent round...

So scribbled first effort on only piece of paper to hand in kitchen, then pencilled it on an A4 on the train and marker penned it when I got to work. Resited the temptation to yellow highlighter pen the beak and eyering...

Attachments

• 1blackbird.jpg
    1blackbird.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 2blackbird.jpg
    2blackbird.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 3blackbird.jpg
    3blackbird.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 101
Great documentation - they really have to put up with it, don't they? Three almost totally different images from the same source, each quite meritorious. The second drawing is perfect.

I'd look pissed off too if I was drawn with the wind up my knickers! Cracking drawings that capture a moment and raise a good smile.

Love the blackie Ed, it's so obvious that it's a real moment captured and great to be able to 'feel' the wind.

Mike

Hello all- here's a quick personal memento of the windy windy day on Tuesday- saw this Blackbird on the roof just before I left for work, trying to work the moss and looking really pissed off as his tail got bent round...

So scribbled first effort on only piece of paper to hand in kitchen, then pencilled it on an A4 on the train and marker penned it when I got to work. Resited the temptation to yellow highlighter pen the beak and eyering...

Mornin all. I see the forum has raced ahead as it does these days- fantastic all. Very hard to do justice to all the fresh meat being posted.

The attached oddly enough is a continuation of the blackbird sketch from last week- I had attempted a quick bristly brush version of it on orange roof tiles with green moss, then returned to it yesterday and decided it was an unconvincing mess.

So scrubbed out the bird with white paint, turned the moss into tundra and put some phalaropes in. Still a bit of blackbird blueyblack visible above the left hand phals. I think the cropped version works best.

Attachments

• 799full.jpg
    799full.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 799croppedDSC_0034.jpg
    799croppedDSC_0034.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 103
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back