• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheap place to buy scopes in Canada? (1 Viewer)

blizc

Hi guys,

Is anyone from Canada here? I am planning to buy a Zeiss 85 FL. Cheapest I found with the zoom is Cdn$3000 with taxes at www.escience.ca. :(

Can I get it for less anywhere else? Thanks much.

LOL

Blizc, Checkout Ebay. A seller there (username highland-gear) routinely sales the 85mm scope with eyepiece for $1300 U.S.. You may try contacting seller directly, through email or phone to get a better deal. I was recently bidding on Nikon 8x32 LX binos when my ebay account "froze up" and I lost the bid. I called the company and ordered NIB and delivered for $565 US.

Why don't you buy from US? I buy all my photographic equipment from B&H in New York (www.bhphotovideo.sk). There is no duty on photographic equipment. You pay extra only for shipping + GST and HST taxes (7+7% in Quebec)

I just checked angled Zeiss T 85L scope without ayepiece and it is 1300 US$ = (about 1800 CA$), with 20-60x eyepiece the price is 1564US$ (2150 CA$)

Fero

Beware of eBay... certain vendors claiming to be "dealers" AREN'T, according to Zeiss customer service. I almost got hooked into that one when I bought my 85T, but had the foresight to check out the vendor first.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back