• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus OMD EM1 and Nikon ED50 (1 Viewer)

CropwellBishop

Has anyone had any experience of using an Olympus OMS EM1 with a Nikon ED50 scope? I have no experience of digiscoping and advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have not used the EM1 but I have the EM5 so it is similar experience. I have used the M.Zuiko 12-50 lens and will try soon the Sigma 30mm f2.8 on a 16x DS eyepiece with step up ring and a Nikon digiscoping adapter.

The 12-50mm is long and vignettes at low focal length and is slow, so you need to rise the ISO value. I prefocus with the fieldscope and then AF with lens.

I tried once the 27x DS eyepiece with good results too, but I was with other zoom lens and I don't remember now the focal length I had to choose to avoid vignetting.

You are welcome!
I have checked my Nikon adapter, it's the FSA-3 with a 58mm male thread, very easy to attach and with rings to use also on MC eyepieces.
The sigma 30 doesn't vignette on the 16x. I guess the mZuiko 17mm, 25mm and Lumix 20mm won't either, they have a tiny front glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back