• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Internal focusing/zooming lens for Olympus E-620 ? (1 Viewer)

Binoseeker

Mostly using spectacles (myopic) with binoculars.
Hi,

Is there any lens, olympus or aftermarket, which has internal movements of the optics when autofocusing and zooming, for the E-620 camera ?

The idea is to use, if possible and it doesn´t break, the filter thread to attache an adapter so i can just put the camera w adapter over the eye piece of the scope and digiscope.

Maybe a lens with zoom range in the lower end of the available range to get 1-3X magnification ?

Cheers,

Anders

Hi Anders,

In the absence of any suggestions for a suitable lens, my advice would be to forget the E-620 for digiscoping. This is based on my experience with the E-520. I was hoping it would offer an improvement on the Fuji F30 compact which I was using at that time. I tried the E-520 with various lenses, MF and AF, but none of the results matched what I was getting from the F30. This was quite apart from the instability problems caused by the added weight, size, and mirror-slap of the E-520. I can't imagine the E-620 would be much different.

Just my 2p.

David

David,

Thanks for your reply.

I think more people have used the E-620 for digiscoping, maybe they agree with your experience and can tell us some more ?

Anders

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back