• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monitor calibration (1 Viewer)

psilo

A couple of months ago I bought a new flat screen monitor and since I have been having problems with unaturally dark images. I checked the monitor calibration and it needs to be calibrated on its dark points but I am really struggling with how to do it. I have looked at a few sites and software and either I am dim or something isnt working properly because non seem to work like they should. Does anyone know of an idiot proof piece of software I can download to solve my problem? Thanks

psilo said:
A couple of months ago I bought a new flat screen monitor and since I have been having problems with unaturally dark images. I checked the monitor calibration and it needs to be calibrated on its dark points but I am really struggling with how to do it. I have looked at a few sites and software and either I am dim or something isnt working properly because non seem to work like they should. Does anyone know of an idiot proof piece of software I can download to solve my problem? Thanks
Unfortunately Flat screens can be notoriously difficult to calibrate, even with calibration equipment, but to be honest it is the only way to do it properly.
I persuaded my camera club to invest in calibrating equipment, we got the Monaco Optix xr, and indeed they have dropped in price quite significantly but it is still not cheap, might be worth seeing if any local pc stores are offering the service.

psilo said:

I use Spyder 2 Suite which as well as calibrating my monitor also includes software for printer calibration. I have found it very satisfactory. How it compares with Optrix XR I don't know.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back