• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Comments on Opticron HR 66 GA.. (1 Viewer)

Gramayr

Slightly barking..
..Angled fitted with HR30xWA & Stay on Case please.

Have seen some digiscoped pics from this scope and they look dire (googled them). Is the CA that bad?

What is the HR30xWA lens like? is it suitable for specs

W.Express are doing this for £299 looks like a good deal.

How does the GS665 compare, is it similar in performance or is it totaly different?

Gramayr said:
..Angled fitted with HR30xWA & Stay on Case please.

Have seen some digiscoped pics from this scope and they look dire (googled them). Is the CA that bad?

What is the HR30xWA lens like? is it suitable for specs

W.Express are doing this for £299 looks like a good deal.

How does the GS665 compare, is it similar in performance or is it totaly different?

I have exactly that model, I have a x20 HDF for field use and x28 for hide type spotting. It is first class.

Well, this scope is on special offer at the mo - saving quite a bit. Comes complete with all the bits except a clamp (but having a photographic and an engineering background I expect I can make a clamp to fit my monopod)

I've noticed Opticron has just brought out another HD30xWA with LER, probably why this scope is a bit cheaper so they can get rid of the old ones.

Was going to ask them about the GS665 they have for sale that was repaired with a 6 month warrenty going quite cheep - doesn't say if its straight or angled, they also evade the question of what was wrong with it in the first place..

Looks like I'l be getting the HR66GA, can always get a HDF later on when funds permit. Chears guys.

Gramayr said:
Was going to ask them about the GS665 they have for sale that was repaired with a 6 month warrenty going quite cheep - doesn't say if its straight or angled, they also evade the question of what was wrong with it in the first place..

I've bought repaired gear from WE.
Got a 170-500 Sigma lens, came with full warranty and in perfect condition - looked like it had been damaged in transit - the rear element had been smashed (it was included) - saved a lot of money and it works perfectly.

Hmm, will send them another email.. pity I haven't been getting home till after 5 for the past week, otherwise I'd phone them - and they are closed on a Sat..

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back