• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Newbie question about digiscoping (1 Viewer)

tpcollins

I was playing with my iPhone 5S with my spotting scope last night and when I got it centered and at a specific distance, I got a really nice photo. But as I look at the adapters for binoculars online, they don't appear to be able to hold the iPhone far enough away as required with my spotter. The eye relief is longer on my spotter than my binoculars.

Is there an exact distance the camera lens has to be from the the eye piece or are they all different? Thanks.

I was playing with my iPhone 5S with my spotting scope last night and when I got it centered and at a specific distance, I got a really nice photo. But as I look at the adapters for binoculars online, they don't appear to be able to hold the iPhone far enough away as required with my spotter. The eye relief is longer on my spotter than my binoculars.

Is there an exact distance the camera lens has to be from the the eye piece or are they all different? Thanks.

Have a look at this
http://moochersmoor.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/novagrade-universal-smartphone-adapter.html
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back