• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with Fuji X-E2 (1 Viewer)

These were some of the sharpest and most colorful pictures I have seen on here. Any chance they were not actually through a spotting scope? Werner, where are you?

Glad someone else mentioned this - I thought it was weird too. Those photos were so good I'd be happy to leave them up forever. I thought maybe he was worried about people copying them, but that doesn't really ring true. Well, he sure had his five minutes of fame and not a little adulation

I wonder about the confusion concerning my photos. Here are some photos again made with the Fuji X-E2 actual with the Sony-RX100 MKII and the Fuji X-T1.

Rgds Werner

Last edited:
Thanks Werner - I really enjoy looking at these, amazing detail. All through the STX 85? But which camera for which pic?

Last edited:
Click on the thumbnail then right mouse click and look into the exifs. You can see the type of camera. Fujis always with the 35/1,4.
Hope I understand you right.

rgds Werner

You can tell which camera for which pic by looking at the image properties of each.
David

Yes, that's what I meant Werner. It doesn't seem to matter which camera you use though. They're all great photos!

David

Thanks David. I won`t show here every photo I made. But I have some much more better as shown already.

I will get the new Sony RX100 MKIII in some days and will test it on the Swaro.
The MKII already was a great camera on a spective...

Rgds Werner

I'm using Firefox to view the forum - clicking the thunbnail opens jpg in another tab, then right-
clicking and selecting 'View image info' shows nothing regarding EXIF information. Perhaps I need a plugin...

Have to agree with David though, it doesn't seem to matter which camera you use anyway...

Actually, changed my mind - although all great photos, the XT-1 shots are the sharpest

Last edited:
Most of the photos show the exifs in exifviewer latest version.

First five: MKII - XE2 - XE2 - XE2 - XE2
Second five: XT1 - XE2 - XT1 - MKII - MKII
Third five: XT1 - XT1 - XT1 - MKII - XT1

Hope that would be helpful to you.

Rgds Werner

I'm using Firefox to view the forum - clicking the thunbnail opens jpg in another tab, then right-
clicking and selecting 'View image info' shows nothing regarding EXIF information. Perhaps I need a plugin...

Have to agree with David though, it doesn't seem to matter which camera you use anyway...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back