• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good tripod head needed ! (1 Viewer)

Dave Williams

I have just taken the plunge and ordered a Nikon 300mm lens weighing 2.8 kg,
3.6kg with the D200 attached.
I only just bought a Manfrotto 055PRO and a 222 ball head to go with my other lens. It's a brilliant combination and I am disappointed that the maximum weight it is recommended it takes is 2.5kg.
I need another tripod head. Having spent a small fortune the budget is limited but I would like something as flexible as the 222, and something I can use to carry the camera/ lens combination around whilst in situ on the tripod... i.e. over my shoulder.
Suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks in anticipation
Dave

PS Having read and accidentally posted under the "indian gimball debate" any other suggestions that are economically sound would be much appreciated !!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back