• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HMW Handbook of the Mammals of the World (3 Viewers)

HMW 6 can be preordered for a Pre-publication Offer until May 15, 2016

--------------

Question: HMW 7 state that there are 9 families in the suborder Myomorpha. That are two families more than in MSW3 (2005). So which families are new?

HMW 6 can be preordered for a Pre-publication Offer until May 15, 2016

--------------

Question: HMW 7 state that there are 9 families in the suborder Myomorpha. That are two families more than in MSW3 (2005). So which families are new?

So when is it expected to be available, nothing on Lynx so far?

Andy

Volume 6 somewhat delayed

The Pre-publication Offer price is until May 15th, 2016. The book will be published in June 2016.
Got a message that volume 6 will not be ready in time. Presently, end of July is the official date, with shipping in August/September. If it's not more, we can probably all live with it. B :)

Hello Everyone, i have two small questions regarding Genus ( Leopardus ) in the first volume,

1 - Did they recognize the Pantanal Cat ( Leopardus braccatus ) and the Pampas Cat ( Leopardus pajeros ) as distinct species from the colocolo ( Leopardus colocolo ) ?

2 - What taxa ( species & subspecies ) - including forms - are illustrated in Genus ( Leopardus ) plate ?

Thank You...

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, i have two small questions regarding Genus ( Leopardus ) in the first volume,

1 - Did they recognize the Pantanal Cat ( Leopardus braccatus ) and the Pampas Cat ( Leopardus pajeros ) as distinct species from the colocolo ( Leopardus colocolo ) ?

2 - What taxa ( species & subspecies ) - including forms - are illustrated in Genus ( Leopardus ) plate ?

Thank You...

1) Leopardus braccatus and Leopardus pajeros are still mentioned as subspecies but they add: ..although braccatus and pajeros likely represent distinct species. (HMW 1 2009 p 146)

2) The depictions on plate 6 (Leopardus, p 144) are:
a) Leopardus pardalis pardalis
b) Leopardus pardalis mitis
c) Leopardus wiedii
d) Leopardus colocolo colocolo
e) Leopardus colocolo braccatus
f) Leopardus colocolo pajeros
g) Leopardus jacobitus
h) Leopardus tigrinus tigrinus
i) Leopardus tigrinus oncilla
j) Leopardus guigna guigna
k) Leopardus guigna black morph
l) Leopardus guigna tigrillo
m) Leopardus geoffroyi geoffroyi
n) Leopardus geoffroyi paraguae

HMW 6 listed as available now

Lynx lists Volume 6 now as being available. I presume most of us will still have to wait a while till we can actually look at it.

Last edited:
My supplier has it on the site as available from 30th?

Wish they'd put something a bit more interesting than a Rabbit on the front......

Andy

Strange, my supplier has been told by Lynx that they only have enough printed to bring to Birdfair as display copies?

Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back