• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any harnesses work with canon? (1 Viewer)

ChIck3n

I just got a new pair of 12x36 IS binoculars, and ordered a harness to go with it. The one I got (a Zhumell) has too big of clips to fit my binoculars. Has anyone found a harness that works with canon IS binoculars? Or at least a way to securely rig a harness to the bins?

I used a Vero Vellini Bino Pal harness with my Canon 10x30 IS for quite a while ... it has "ordinary" 3/8 inch nylon fabric straps with the "usual" plastic buckles that attach to the bin. Those straps then "Fastex" connect to the "man bra" part of the harness (better than the generic tie-wrap kludge). You could get more than one harness and mix and match bins.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=Vero+Vellini+harness

They often seemed to be advertised as Steiner but they're just plain Vero Vellini embossed on the back (rather stealthy).

Rather nice harness and not too expensive. I think I paid $20 with free shipping from binoculars.com.

Attachments

• 41vqFyTQH4L._SS400_.jpg
    41vqFyTQH4L._SS400_.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 51HMJr0owAL._SS400_.jpg
    51HMJr0owAL._SS400_.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Thanks. I found some tiny key rings that seem to work, but will keep that in mind if they turn out to not be strong enough. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back