• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A morning in the park (1 Viewer)

lassa8

United States
Nothing special really, just a quick break from studying for one last final tomorrow. My roommate and I got up around 7am and headed to the local state park to see if we could find the summer tanager he'd seen a day or two ago. Success! We saw a brilliant male and female about 10 minutes after we got there. Sadly, we didn't find the scarlet tanager he'd seen before. We also saw some Swainson's thrushes and yellow-throated vireos (all new ticks for me). We heard a yellow-billed cuckoo and saw it fly from a tree (another new tick), but I never did get a close look at it. Hopefully that'll come later this summer. I also saw my first female redwing blackbird! How I confused it with a female brown-headed cowbird, I'll never know. The only downside of the whole morning was that the pictures didn't turn out all that great with the low light conditions, but I'm pleased. And now, back to studying! (maybe)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back