• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommendation for an Autumn Birding Trip (1 Viewer)

TatRei

Dear Forum,

i have a problem and hope to get some advices.

I suddenly got a spontaneous idea to spend the next week (1 October week) with birding traveling by car (because of the equipment).
Special interest is observation and photography of autumn migration but the traveling distance should not exceed 1000km (from Cologne area).
I couldn't prepare the trip in time, so I'm not sure if it's to late for some of the hot-spots or not.

The options I'm thinking about are:
Falsterbo/Sweden, Texel/Netherlands, Helgoland/Germany, Neusiedler-See/Austria, but I'm open for any other suggestion.

What would you recommend for the best yield at that time?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Reinhold

[Edit]: Ups, sorry, didn't complete the subject:
"Recommendation for an autumn birding trip"

Last edited:
Simon, thank you for the quick response and the for the link.
For sure, very interesting festival and very interesting area.
Very tempting, but my problem is the distance, so traveling by plain is mandatory.
I planned to travel by car to be able to carry the complete equipment.
But maybe worth to re-consider :)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back