• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Idea for a New Sub-Forum (1 Viewer)

ApusApus

Hi

I could not find somewhere more suitable to place this so I've put it here.

I have recently seen a couple of partial/selective photos put up on the Gallery in the Home Page for people to try and identify. Would this not make an interesting new Sub-Forum in the Gallery Competitions & Pictures section for members to have a go at trying their ID skills? I am talking about a limited portion of a bird or other wildlife here not a full photo which would go in the ID Forum.

Sorry in advance if this has been raised previously.

Shane

My understanding is that the ID forum is a place where people post photos that either they do not know the subject or they are unsure of it and are thus seeking guidance.

This is posting a photo of which the poster knows the identity but is using an abstract view for others to work out and I think would be better off in a different forum, like this one!

Shane

Thanks Delia, never thought of looking in that Forum.

Maybe someone should let Finlayson know though, as I see he has posted another photo in the Gallery today to identify?

Shane

My understanding is that the ID forum is a place where people post photos that either they do not know the subject or they are unsure of it and are thus seeking guidance.

This is posting a photo of which the poster knows the identity but is using an abstract view for others to work out and I think would be better off in a different forum, like this one!

Shane

Hi Shane,

Sorry didn't read your original post as the poster knew the id.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back