• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is your favourite pic that you've taken this year? (1 Viewer)

Judi2 said:
Oh what a cutie!!! love it...what kind is it?? I see a lot of you guys are from the UK......?? so I'm sure I will never get to see some of these...but love looking at your shots ..........Cheers!!

It's a European Robin Judi...a little different to your Robins!!
This one was so friendly I had to back away to get him all in the viewfinder!!
More Robins and others on my website.

Reader said:
As I said earlier, I have only just begun taking photos using a new DSLr system I purchased. For the first time it gave me the chance to try for some flight shots as these are very hard to get digiscoping.

The Red Kite was taken only a wee3k after I purchased the camera (without the 1.4. The others were five weeks later when in Spain.

I never thought I would get images like these in my life. Not up to the standard of a high percentage of you guys and gals but they blow my mind.

As a newbie to this style of photography I don't think you realise just what sort of effect it has had on me. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever take a photos that I wouldn't feel out of place with anyone.

Regarding my best photo. Sorry, there is no way I can choose. I have loads of other photos taken since November that I feel quite chuffed with.

John

The Kite shot is terrific John!
I am going to Wales next month to visit friends, not far from Gigrin. If I get one half as good I will be happy !

Here's another one I was quite pleased with..taken in the Lee Valley park in January.

Attachments

• IMG_0706GreatTitss.jpg
    IMG_0706GreatTitss.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 101
nothing special. first digiscoped pictures i was satified with. :bounce:

Attachments

• waxwing2.jpg
    waxwing2.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 101
  • titmouse.jpg
    titmouse.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 104
Reader said:
As I said earlier, I have only just begun taking photos using a new DSLr system I purchased. For the first time it gave me the chance to try for some flight shots as these are very hard to get digiscoping.

The Red Kite was taken only a wee3k after I purchased the camera (without the 1.4. The others were five weeks later when in Spain.

I never thought I would get images like these in my life. Not up to the standard of a high percentage of you guys and gals but they blow my mind.

As a newbie to this style of photography I don't think you realise just what sort of effect it has had on me. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever take a photos that I wouldn't feel out of place with anyone.

Regarding my best photo. Sorry, there is no way I can choose. I have loads of other photos taken since November that I feel quite chuffed with.

John

John,
What fabulous pics.You've become a master in superquick time I am very jealous.What's more you could'nt find a slot for the great L/S Woodpecker you recently got.

Max.

senatore said:
John,
What fabulous pics.You've become a master in superquick time I am very jealous.What's more you could'nt find a slot for the great L/S Woodpecker you recently got.

Max.

I only showed flight shots. If you wanted others I have dozens and dozens, and that is only DSLR. Don't get me started on my digiscoping shots.

Anyway, just for you here are some more.

LSW, Lesser Yellowlegs, Greenfinch and Wren.

John

Attachments

• Lesser-Spotted-Woodpecker-3062.jpg
    Lesser-Spotted-Woodpecker-3062.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Lesser-Spotted-Woodpecker-3037.jpg
    Lesser-Spotted-Woodpecker-3037.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Lesser-Yellowlegs.jpg
    Lesser-Yellowlegs.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Greenfinch 2006.jpg
    Greenfinch 2006.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 107
  • Wren 1864.jpg
    Wren 1864.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 110
Nothing exotic, just a few that i am reasonably happy with so far this year.

Here's to better weather and more chances to get out more in the near future

Rog

Attachments

• ROG_3566.jpg
    ROG_3566.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 115
  • ROG_3890.jpg
    ROG_3890.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 91
  • ROG_4090.jpg
    ROG_4090.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 110
  • ROG_4145.jpg
    ROG_4145.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 103
Some great pics on this thread. A DSLR may find its way on to my "must have" list behind a new Macbook but ahead of the new Kowa 773.

Here are some of my favourite digiscoped pics from so far in 2007. The Varied Tit wasn't digiscoped (you can see how tame it is!) but the rest were. Just a 65mm Scope and a 4 mp Camera alas.

Attachments

• vtit.jpg
    vtit.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 130
  • eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 95
  • owl.jpg
    owl.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 110
  • brant.jpg
    brant.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 95
  • nuthatch1.jpg
    nuthatch1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 98
Took this the other day and was pleased because it has taken me ages to get a half decent shot of a Goldfinch.

Max.

Attachments

• IMG_5665 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5665 (Medium).JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 115
I have three favourites, a female Sparrowhawk in my garden, a Red Kite taken last week at Gigrin Farm & a Short-eared Owl at Aust Wharf near Severn Beach.

Rod.

Attachments

• Sparrowhawk 016_edited-copy.jpg
    Sparrowhawk 016_edited-copy.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Elan Valley 127_edited-copy.jpg
    Elan Valley 127_edited-copy.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 122
  • S-E-O 068_edited.jpg
    S-E-O 068_edited.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 117
Hi All
Took this pic at a local reserve on 12th Feb this year. I like the vertical format and the action.

Attachments

• Bittern1.jpg
    Bittern1.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 119
Den said:
Hi All
Took this pic at a local reserve on 12th Feb this year. I like the vertical format and the action.
I wonder if the Bittern actually swallowed that. That is a Perch it has got there and they are known for the hard spiny dorsal fin and the rough scaley body. hardly an easy meal for the Bittern

Fantastic action shot though.

John

Den said:
Hi All

Very good shot , the perch is so clear aswell very good. I wold have that one framed aswell

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back