• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Backyard viewing (1 Viewer)

dries1

I was outside yesterday (seasonably warm) and it seems that some birds were late migrating south or perhaps they were escaping the storms down south and got caught in the northeast, but at least 8 species were in large groups coming in to the feeders and sunflower seeds in my backyard. Even a large sharp shinned hawk landing on my awning frame, he looked every bit over 18 inches.

Now I realize I need to have my camera, nearby, but it will be a memory for life.
It was a porro day, and my 10X32 HG for viewing close up. I do not use 10X much but these are portable, and provide great edge sharpness, with a flat view. The others well they have been raved about here and else where but for a reason, they provide great views, the SE is a late serial #, I think from 2009? I cannot figure out the serial No logic from nikon, any how the view is top notch, a real pleasure to use, The EII is a late serial, is very bright and I have compared it to an earlier gray model definitely a difference in coatings. It is truly a glass that will go down with optic nuts as one to have.

I think Nikon provides good quality binoculars at a great price, and they also have produced some great glass such as these.

Andy w.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back