• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Humming Birds (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Hare

While I was out in the Burn Valley Gardens in Hartlepool at around 1500hrs on Thursday 5th April 2007.
After setting up some feed in some bushes, after about 10 minutes I saw something flash out the corner of my eye. Turning round I saw a tiny little bird hovering on the bush, I was about 3 feet away at this point. I tried to slowly bring my camera round but just as got the camera to focus it flew off into some thick bushes/ trees.

I have looked through the images in the list on http://www.birdsofbritain.co.uk/bird-guide/index.asp
but couldn't see the bird that I saw.

Does anybody have a picture of a Humming Bird and or calling sound of one so I can deffinatly ID.

I am pretty sure that it was a Humming Bird that I saw but would like to confirm.

Any help Im very grateful for.

Well, if you saw a Hummingbird, it was well lost. One of the most common look-alikes is the Hummingbird Hawk Moth and it can be easily confused if you only have a glance.

Check out this link for photos of the Hummingbird Hawk Moth and let us know.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back