• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x25 CL vs 8x32 EL Field Pro (1 Viewer)

It's funny ... Saw a deer this morning too. I was able to sneak closer behind some big trees. What a joy and silent freedom. The old Dialyt is pretty stunning in those situations.

And then it went ... A dog came along from the other side, chuck is right. First they smell you, then they pick up movement and sound...

Deer have incredible smell. Red deer, in particular, can scent you from several kilometres away. You must always approach wild deer from downwind i.e. have the breeze in your face. It's the first thing a deer hunter learns. ;)

Any issues like that with the EL 8x32 SV, are very overblown in my opinion.
Most users will be very pleased.

It is the best 8x32 available.

Jerry

I sold my SV 8x32's as I didn't particularly like the large size and ergonomics and even though it was a 2015 model it still had glare issues. Much prefer the Leica Ultravid HD Plus and the Zeiss Victory 8x32 FL. However, being primarily a deer hunter and nature, birdwatcher secondary to that, my requirements are probably different to a straight out birdwatcher.

You guys are starting to sound like a pack of Dennis... (but Dennis isn't singing this tune anymore)!!

dmcharge, if portability is an issue... say hiking most all day... and you will be glassing heavily and frequently over many hours... which one would you lean toward??? (For me, the 8x32; however if not glassing much then the 8x25... curious how others feel about it).

CG

The thing is: someone stated that the EL 32 advantages outweight the glare issues it has. Today I had it with me again in the woods. It is light, a dream to hold, great depth of field and FOV and furthermore an outstanding ease of view. The glare and veiling doesn't bother me that much, actually if I had never read about it in here I still would think it's just normal.

River stalker, totally agree, they are super light compared to 42mm binos. As the tubes are smaller they are easier to grip and steady. I also have had no problems with glare. They are actually better then the CL's for glare. Was only bought last month if other people was wondering which batch I am using.

You guys are starting to sound like a pack of Dennis... (but Dennis isn't singing this tune anymore)!!

dmcharge, if portability is an issue... say hiking most all day... and you will be glassing heavily and frequently over many hours... which one would you lean toward??? (For me, the 8x32; however if not glassing much then the 8x25... curious how others feel about it).

CG

In this case i would most likely take the 8x32 because i was intending to do a lot of observing using the binoculars. The 8x25 i use for more occasional viewing when i want something i can just stick in the jacket pocket.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back