• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My First Bird Painting (1 Viewer)

Articuno

Fan of Columbidae and Laridae
Kingfisher1.jpg

Ok this took about three days with a few hours for each day, it's my first real painting and it was made entirely with watercolours on some type of watercolour board thing.. I guess it's a start!
Couldn't scan it as I was on holiday at the time and now the picture is sitting in my future mother-in-law's house as a gift :> So a photo was the best I could do!

Last edited:
warm welcome ....

beautiful start, like the kingfisher.....want to see more

friendly greetings Gaby

Very nice! I once tried to paint a Kingfisher but gave up, swearing that it must be impossible to get that brilliant blue right and that no one could do it... and here you are proving me wrong! :t:

Beautiful painting,hope to see many more on the Forum.I would love to be able to draw and paint,much more skill than clicking a cam button.

Oh thankyou SO much guys! I've not painted since I was in school really..! I made this while I was on holiday so it might be a bit difficult to churn out anymore art for a while, full time work and all.

great to see - very nicely done, hopefully you will find the time to do more and delight us all and yourself.

Kingfisher1.jpg

Ok this took about three days with a few hours for each day, it's my first real painting and it was made entirely with watercolours on some type of watercolour board thing.. I guess it's a start!
Couldn't scan it as I was on holiday at the time and now the picture is sitting in my future mother-in-law's house as a gift :> So a photo was the best I could do!

Hi now you have suprised me, I thought it would have been either a pigeon or a seagull, LoL

Must have missed this first time around. Great way to open your account here in the art department - hope there's plenty more to come!! Look forward to seeing more from you soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back