• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weber, Varela and Yule on Norwegian television (1 Viewer)

oivind egeland

I just saw a nice program showing Wolfgang Weber, Juan Varela and Jonathan Yule doing field work among White-tailed eagles in Norway. I'm afraid that it's in Norwegian, apart from the scenes where the artists are being interviewed, but the images are nice enough!
The White-tailed eagles are now breeding along the entire coastline in Norway. In my home county of Rogaland (Stavanger) it was an extreme rarity when I grew up - these days more than fifty pairs are breeding in the county, and I hardly ever go birding in my home area without seeing this magnificent raptor.
The program can be seen here: http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/840799/

That'll be Hans Rademakers filming - great guy! Oivind - is this the only access to the film, please? It isn't downloading particularly well for me. I'll try again later in the evening.

That'll be Hans Rademakers filming - great guy! Oivind - is this the only access to the film, please? It isn't downloading particularly well for me. I'll try again later in the evening.

No, it's Norwegian TV with an incredible slow motion TV camera. Hans did another good shooting but is not available yet (just a preliminary "directors's cut"). I cannot see the film either, its seems that I need to download some kind of programme for my MAC.

I'm afraid that I don't know of any other download options, but I'll let you know if I find anything.
You are right, Juan - the slow motion action is brilliant! The real treats, though, are the all too short glimpses of three great artists working their magic.

I really would love to see this...! Unfortunately the Link is not working for me either..I will let You Know if I get lucky a bit later..

I really would love to see this...! Unfortunately the Link is not working for me either..I will let You Know if I get lucky a bit later..
Now it works pretty well. I just had to download that Silverlight programme offered at the video window. I don't know if it's only for Mac or also for Windows.

Yes Indeed..I was able to watch the whole program,great quality images,and a wonderful documentary...Congratulations to the Artists,and many thanks Oivind for sharing the link...I didnt know I knew Norwegian,but heck I understood the whole thing quite nicely!

Nice treat guys! My swedish is coming on nicely, so i could understand much of the norwegian, quite simular languages. Fantastis slow mo footage of these wonderful birds...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back