• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sea eagles found dead (1 Viewer)

squidge

Wha Whassssat
More terrible news.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0205/366313-eagles-poison/

Will the scum who did this be caught and punished? Will the authorities investigate it?

Maybe its just me but Ireland seems to have a serious problem in how it treats its wildlife and natural environment. From beheading seals,killing birds, killing farmyard animals, destroying protected bogs the list just goes on. I know this happens in other countries but there doesnt seem to be any consequences for breaking the law when the natural environment is involved. Implementation of the rule of law needs to be addressed.

Having a bad day Gerard.

This is the shocking bit:

"Twenty-six eagles have been recovered dead since the reintroduction programme was initiated, with 12 of those confirmed poisoned."

The landowners involved and / or their employees really should be dealt with.

cheers, alan

I live in a rural area and alot of the sheep farmers I know wouldn't hesitate leaving out poison (to kill foxes mostly). Most don't even know that leaving out poison is banned (with the exception of rodenticides). Even if they do know, they wouldn't care less anyway. Alot of the poisons used are legally obtainable and when you leave out poison the chance of being caught are virtually zero.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back