• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A95 adapter and calculating focal lenghts.. (1 Viewer)

blackburnian

Owl Nut
Hi All,

I currently own a Kowa TSN 824 w/ 20x60 zoom eyeypiece. I also have a Canon A95. I'm getting a machinist to custome build an adapter to mary the two together to complete my digiscoping gear.

The reason I'm getting the adapter done is to save $$ and build it to my provided specification. The adapter will cost me 150$ Cdn to build versus the Kowa model which, IMHO, is way to pricy.

The adapter will screw one to the body of the kowa and extend to the tip of the eyepice with a male 37mm thread ending the piece (it will also have cut outs to let me zoom in/out with the eyepiece. I have purchased an adapter from Lensmate which bayonets on the A95 and goes down to 37mm.

My question:

Knowing that my kowa has a focal lenght of 450mm, the eyepiece is a 20x60 zoom and the camera is a 35mm...How do I calculate the focal lenght once all pieced together??

Thanks

Marc

blackburnian said:
My question:

Knowing that my kowa has a focal lenght of 450mm, the eyepiece is a 20x60 zoom and the camera is a 35mm...How do I calculate the focal lenght once all pieced together??

Thanks

Marc
Multiply the focal length of the camera by the used eyepiece power (eg. 20x x 35mm=700mm). :t:

Ilkka

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back