• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Ring found depicting London Museum (1 Viewer)

stormgazer

Hi all

Husband was walking our dogs today and saw the remains of some kind of bird, there was not much left apart from a bit of a leg and on the leg was a tag

the tag reads

BTO British Museum
AT History London SW7
FA37303

any ideas anyone

Please mail me through

stormgazer 'at' btinternet.com

Stephanie

Hi Jimbob and jon

it was found on the beachfront and is some kind of sea bird, the only feathers around it were black and white

stephanie

Apart from several duck species, Oystercatcher takes an F size ring. Black & white feathers... could be....
Can you post the details here ... when you get them?
Jon

it may take a while to get the information back, i found a greenfinch in out garden with a british museum ring on, i reported it to bto who then said they would post me out a print off of the birds details. its been a couple of months now but i know it can take them that long to get back too you. i guess there busy with more important stuff which is fine. i only wanted to know out of curiosity where the bird was caught ect.

DS

The BTO may seem slow, but I recently had a Swallow record which I ringed in Devon in April 2002, it was controlled (caught and released again) in Italy in April 2004 - the record took 4 years to get to me!

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back