• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Carl Zeis 85 mm diascope on ebay (1 Viewer)

I'm in the market for an 85 T but by shopping around in three different locations I can get a new one with 20/60 and case for £1,234,00. The price asked for the Ebay item is far too much and will only be purchased by someone too lazy to hunt around.

All I have to do now is find a dealer who will do an internet comparison deal

I'm in the market for an 85 T but by shopping around in three different locations I can get a new one with 20/60 and case for £1,234,00. The price asked for the Ebay item is far too much and will only be purchased by someone too lazy to hunt around.

All I have to do now is find a dealer who will do an internet comparison deal

They are less than 1000 pounds for a new on in the USA.

Sounds great Steve, now if you can put me up for a couple of days and pay my air fare..................................................

I do love the Bay Area, been there a couple of times, nice people, good food, great coffee.

Sadly, over here we pay what the market will stand and not having the buying power you have over the pond, we get stung.

Sounds great Steve, now if you can put me up for a couple of days and pay my air fare..................................................

I do love the Bay Area, been there a couple of times, nice people, good food, great coffee.

Sadly, over here we pay what the market will stand and not having the buying power you have over the pond, we get stung.

I believe B and H Photo (a huge new york based Camera store) sells internationally. you might want to check:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/279836-USA/Zeiss__Diascope_85_T_FL.html

I believe B and H Photo (a huge new york based Camera store) sells internationally. you might want to check:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/279836-USA/Zeiss__Diascope_85_T_FL.html

Sounds great Steve but Customs and import duty on top of the delivery cost would put it way way up past our own high prices.

I now have the 85 T, got the scope from Birdguides for £925.00 +£1.99 delivery and the 20 x 60 zo0M from MacAvoy Guns for £235+£10.00 delivery. Manfrotto Hide Clamp and Universal Slide Plate for £72.00.00 from Birdnet. Finally a Zeiss Quick Camera Adaptor £216.00.

My Nikon 8400 and Panasonic DMC FZ50 both have remote shutter release so I will see how well I can do with them before I consider something else.

Now looking for best price on Neoprene cover so it is stored in my Tamrac Expedition backpack. I have a Manfrotto 190CLB tripod and 115 head that I plan to upgrade to a 501 when I am released from debtors prison.:-C

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back