• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jenny's paintings (1 Viewer)

Thank you Sharon! I went and had a look at your blog and recognized your drawings from WC!!

So, with all the paintings shown from last year it is time for the journal pages. These are all ideas that I have planned to paint on canvas, and some I have already started. First up is swans, gulls and black-throated loon.

Attachments

• 2swans.JPG
    2swans.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 3swans.JPG
    3swans.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 35
  • gull.JPG
    gull.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 41
  • gulls.JPG
    gulls.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 37
  • loon.JPG
    loon.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 47
…and then I have some owls. The flying barn owl I have started blocking in on canvas. I had some trouble getting the proportions of the wing right, so I have to work on that before starting painting with oil.

Attachments

• barnowl.JPG
    barnowl.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 38
  • uralowl.JPG
    uralowl.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 41
  • owl.JPG
    owl.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 42
  • barnowl3.JPG
    barnowl3.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 38
And last a heron (started on the background on a canvas for this one), a pair of sparrows (this journal page was featured in the UK based art magazine The Artist as the editor's choice from their website online gallery. Very happy about that!!! :king: ) and a white and blue swallow. The painting became somewhat different than the journal page, and I still have the final layer of color to do on it. The kestrel has only got the first layer yet, so much work still to do on it. So, now I am finally up to date here!

The last two weeks I have been somewhat slow in the studio as I have spent much time outdoors with my new camera lens. (canon EF 100-400) It is so great to be able to take good photos of birds, and I am now finally building up a good reference library that is totally my own! I have even seen some new birds: a small group of oriental greenfinches, a Naumann's thrush and a yellow-billed grosbeak. I hope I will see many more, and now when the spring is slowly setting in here, I hope there will be more birds flying around!

Attachments

• heron.JPG
    heron.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 46
  • sparrows.JPG
    sparrows.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 36
  • swallow.JPG
    swallow.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 45
  • svalakestrel.JPG
    svalakestrel.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 35
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back