• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whats this a Pencil (2 Viewers)

Cheers Gents. Paint throwing resulted in a Kingfisher pic, Im quite happy with my colour mixing which at times I still struggle with.

Attachments

• The King 002 (467 x 600).jpg
    The King 002 (467 x 600).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 63
the colours are just perfect! what a glow! There is a lightness to the handling of the paint that I just don't seem to be able to achieve. Very well done.

Cheers for the comments Im still a little embarrassed putting up my pictures when I see what your producing.This was supposed to be a practice of a few bird shapes in graphite but I got carried away :-O A3 in length

Attachments

• tideline 009 (600 x 304).jpg
    tideline 009 (600 x 304).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Cheers all. Something a little different for myself. Inspired by Tim with his world class Charcoals I bought some cheap ones £1 for ten :-O got to love B&M. Enjoyed them but blady hate trying to paint or draw water :-C

Attachments

• Charcoal.jpg
    Charcoal.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 80
very bloody good, the thing to do with water is to forget it's water. It's just a collection of shapes and colours and tones, a completely fluid and abstract mess.

Now look mate, I've tried to be nice and encouraging for long enough and you repay my kindness with THIS!!!! Stop it now and nowt else will be said, ok? LOL - seriously good piece of work - splendid activity, beautifully rendered. Love it! keep on keeping on - you look like you may have found a medium to explore for a bit.

Charcoal Again

Thanks you pair. Tim I dont think you need to worry :-O. Any way staying with the burnt stick I tried replicate a couple of wrens I saw the other week on a terrific broken log, Fungi and ferns making it there home. Im probably a little harsh on myself a begginer but Im rather pleased how its has turned out. A3ish size

Attachments

• trogs 016 (433 x 600).jpg
    trogs 016 (433 x 600).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 72
Im probably a little harsh on myself a begginer but Im rather pleased how its has turned out. A3ish size

And well you should be, pleased that is not harsh on yourself! It's a wonderful composition and quite full of life. Your improvement is really noticeable, whether it's in watercolor or charcoal.

I think you've mentioned not having anything you'd want to frame and put on a wall. But that should change with this one I think.

Yep, charcoal is definitely worth exploring further for you, going on these results. I've always liked the trick of drawing on a mid-grey paper with charcoal and highlighting it with white chalk. There are a whole world of possibilities.

Mike

Hi Paul,

...a bit more of the sketching if you please - and a bit less of the "I'm no artist guff".

Darn right you are!

You were confident enough to post your work and dare I say it? Expose yourself for all here to see...that took guts!

We all tend to think our stuff isn't up to par but the comments in this thread certainly prove otherwise in your case.

...at the risk of being repetitive...keep it coming!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back