• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Missy's thread (1 Viewer)

Missyburd

Hi folks,

Not posted in this bit of the forum before really but thought some of you might like to see one of my fairly recent drawings. I work as a pet and wildlife pencil artist in my spare time and seemingly have spent most of the last few years on pets so it's nice to have a change and get to what I'm really passionate about! I read Zoology at university and graduated about 4 years ago, my art however is self taught.

These are three I managed to find time to complete in 2012. I hope you like, thankyou for taking the time to pop in and look at my work :)

Attachments

• meg001_scan(copy).jpg
    meg001_scan(copy).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 427426_330287363677278_674654818_n.jpg
    427426_330287363677278_674654818_n.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 395430_326318634074151_566734693_n.jpg
    395430_326318634074151_566734693_n.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 110
Cheers chaps! That Osprey pic is a little small but I haven't a bigger one except at a funny angle but should give you more of an idea of detail...

Attachments

• 199264_448961421809871_1658500079_n.jpg
    199264_448961421809871_1658500079_n.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 111
Hi folks,

Not posted in this bit of the forum before really but thought some of you might like to see one of my fairly recent drawings. I work as a pet and wildlife pencil artist in my spare time and seemingly have spent most of the last few years on pets so it's nice to have a change and get to what I'm really passionate about! I read Zoology at university and graduated about 4 years ago, my art however is self taught.

These are three I managed to find time to complete in 2012. I hope you like, thankyou for taking the time to pop in and look at my work :)

I thought that was a fantastic Osprey-you've managed to make it look beautiful, without losing the shagginess and madness of the real thing

Thanks so much folks! I wondered if any of you might recognise the Osprey. I'll give you a clue, the title of the drawing is "Blumin' Nora!" ;)

What a fine opening to a thread with 3 crackers. I do love graphite in the right hands and you certainly have the right hands. Welcome to the best bit of Birdforum :t:

Fantastic drawings with a real "wow!" factor. Truly exceptional quality and totally lifelike. I can honestly see these becoming collectors' items.

I was lacking in motivation to get started on a new drawing this morning Jack and Lykos but your wonderful comments have spurred me on, many thanks indeed. I'm shocked you think so highly of my work but very flattered. I've only really been drawing the last 4 years, mostly pet commissions at that. But I am hoping this year to concentrate more on wildlife so stay tuned for a progress pic at some point :)

I agree with all of the above about Nora the Osprey (featured on Springwatch right???), but I have to say I love the seal pups eyes too.
Great work and your sketches have given me the urge to get my pencils and paints out again. I haven't done anything for years. May just get goin' again and post the results up here. Thank you!!

welcome and please do cotinue to show more work...love all of it! The seal pup - totally amazing...the osprey is quite simply fabulous...

Great stuff!

Thankyou everyone! I'm actually on with a mountain gorilla drawing at the moment, not British wildlife though but I'm guessing that doesn't matter much here? Got a fair way to go on it though!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back