• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which one do you like better, the SLC or the SV. (1 Viewer)

Rest assured my man, I'm well, WELL into the pink. Maybe I'll buy a new SF of you're choice, destroy if with my 12lb sledge hammer, then send you the remains. Yeah, I might just do that because I can. :-O

Go forth, brother Bruce, and enjoy yourself while you're still in the pink
<B>

Are you and Brock clairvoyant, you seem to understand things about me that I didn't know about myself. If you believe that I need vindication from you, a sour, depressing person that I don't know, for any decision, you are very much mistaken. You never have one positive thing to say.

I'm apparently not the only clairvoyant on this subject! ;)

As Allen Wheelis once misquoted Freud, “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.” Perhaps we misread your intentions, and you were just asking a question without an agenda. If that's the case, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. OTOH, if it turns out to true, you will find a bone-picking PM in your Inbox! :-@

Do I LOOK like a sour, depressing person? What, me worry? :-C

Brock

Attachments

• Alfred-3.gif
    Alfred-3.gif
    288.2 KB · Views: 41

As Allen Wheelis once misquoted Freud, “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.” Perhaps we misread your intentions, and you were just asking a question without an agenda. If that's the case, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. OTOH, if it turns out to true, you will find a bone-picking PM in your Inbox! :-@

Brock

Actually Brock i'am enjoying a cigar and no a cigar is not just a cigar!

If you care to venture into my 7 humidors you would know! ; )

Bryce...

Brock

Gentlemen:

You must must make a choice!

"And a woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke."

Read the entire Departmental Ditty below"

http://www.bartleby.com/364/31.html

Bob

Putting money aside, most people will prefer SV except they are sensitive for RB. I own both SLC HD (not the latest SLC) & SV. Opically, they are more or less the same though SV advance at the edges & flat field.

If this post is aimed at value for money, then it is an endness story.

Putting money aside, most people will prefer SV except they are sensitive for RB. <snip> ... SV advance at the edges & flat field.

As sharp edges and a flat field are fashionable nowadays, to a large extent because of the the efforts of Swarovski to make sure people believe that sharp edges and a flat field are really just about the most important optical quality in a binocular, I suspect you're right.

BTW, that was a rather clever ploy. Sharp edges are immediately obvious when you look through a binocular. Veiling glare and problems when viewing against the light are not.

Hermann

Apples and Oranges are both fruits. If someone want Oranges then will pay for it... SLC and SV are binoculars. If someone wants SV then will pay for it...

For 90% of users sharp edges is not important, therefore they will tend to SLC /and that is the reason why SW has two alpha lines.../
Sharp edges cost money, and I personally prefer sharp edges, because I like to take pictures by phone through binoculars.

PS: Dont had the SLCs, but my experience is that my Meostar /HD/ can do great job for 90% of my needs and time. The complementary 10% is phonescoping, therefore 100% is SV. This dont mean that Meostar is bad for phonescopping, but simply sharp edges is benefit for phonescopping IMHO.

Last edited:
Back when I first tried an SF at SWOptics I tried some 8x42 SLC HD`s that were on offer, I was really amazed that the 8x32 SV was noticeably brighter and sharper, that 32mm SV is a giant slayer, (bit like my SE actually), did`nt try the new SLC at the same time.

I just wish there was a 7 or 8 power 42mm SV, I just don`t want 8.5.

Perfectly stated and 100% accurate, now if I can just get the part about keeping quiet in my thick head.:-O I'm not however saying that the SLC isn't great, I just don't currently have any ability to see one.

Well, you have to remember the anti-SV police are out in force, as usual. :-O

Some of us have learned to keep quiet about our preferences. It's easier that way. :smoke:

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back