• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goshawk? (1 Viewer)

Talon 1 said:
Has anyone seen one?
I have never seen a wild one .
Click on "Search this thread" on the top right of the page. Type in "goshawk" and you'll get tons of info about where to see them.

Cheers
Pete

Try the Upper Derwent Valley in Derbyshire or the view point in the New Forest.

Mid Feb to end March the best time to go.

They are out there. Go see!

M

Talon 1 said:
Has anyone seen one?
I have never seen a wild one .

Try New fancy viewpoint in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire - looks like is one of the best sites in the country to see them, though is probably too late in the year now. Another good place is Olley's farm nr Thetford - if you want directions you can send me a personal message.

I'd recommend the book 'Finding Birds in Britain' by Lee Evans, which is available via Birdguides.com - it tells you all the best places to see the rarer/hard to find birds in the UK.

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back