• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Colours of Southern Africa (1 Viewer)

Sy V

There are a series of photographs (by Hannes Lochner) from the above-mentioned book, featured in today's Telegraph.
I think that they're quite stunning, but some are a little on the gruesome side - just thought I should warn you.
Bird species include:
  • Marabou
  • Martial Eagle
  • White Backed Vulture
  • Giant Eagle Owl
  • Black Shouldered Kite and
  • Saddled Billed Stork

I hope you get as much pleasure out of them as I did and if you order the book (from Amazon) you had better not receive it before I get mine!

Yours aye

Simon

Click here!

Last edited:
A little gruesome!:eek!::eek!: Just had me brekkie aswell!o:D

Stunning images, Simon! Thanks for the link!:t:

Enjoy your book!:t:

Thanks for sharing, they can be gruesome but are lovely none the less. Thanks for sharing with us o:D :t:

:eek!::eek!: The one of the lightning strikes is AMAZING!!! |8.|

Some stunning captures there. Thanks for the link! I like the emperor moth on the ellie, and the lions courting in particular.

Kits

Are you 'into' insects, then?
I took a picture or two of a dragon/may/damselfly-type insect on nettles at Upton Warren on Sunday.
If I update my blog this evening and send you a link to the picture(s) could you have a look at it for me, please?

Simon

Last edited:
Brilliant shots there, I particularly like the Giraffe with the water droplets hanging in the air. Thanks for posting the link Sy.

Oh ok, Simon! I am not a great wealth of information, but I am very fond of moths and butterflies and damselflies etc.

Awesome pictures Simon, the Hyaenas wandering around in the Giraffe carcass is surreal.
amazing stuff.

Thanks for that link Simon. Some great examples of ' nature red in tooth and claw '. What terrific photography. I also love the lightning strikes.

Baz.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back