• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help choosing IR remote wildlife camera please (1 Viewer)

amelia1730

I am trying to decide which outdoor recording camera to buy to capture shots & video of whatever wildlife skulks around at night and when I am not around during the day.

The two I am considering are these:

www.ultrasecuredirect.com/acatalog/Portable_Outdoor_Recording_Camera_I40.html

www.deben.com/optics/cameras/prostalk.php

Would some kind person who knows more about these things - IR sensors etc and anything else I should be thinking about - please advise me a little. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who already uses one of these.

I am interested in capturing bird and animal activity ( and maybe people who shouldn't be there too!)

Many thanks in advance.

Is there anybody out there??!!

Seriously......... I thought that someone would have one of these or may know a bit about the spec I should be looking at. You guys are always so helpful. I'm going to the Bird Fair on Friday and I think Gardenature may have one I can look at, however, I have since seen this one
http://www.stealth-trail-camera.co.uk/wildlife/GL80.htm
which I like the look of but it lacks audio. Can't make my mind up if I should find one that has. I want the camera mainly for badgers, deer and foxes but can think of loads of other uses for it

All comments or help gratefully received.

It's hard to find a good trail camera, I've been through a couple that ended up just being expensive ant motels. The best one that has actually worked for me is this Bushnell.

Trail Camera

Batteries actually lasted close to what it said, and doesn't go into a sleep mode that makes the listed reaction time irrelavant. I'd look around here for one that fits you.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back