• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CANON 7Dmk2 prices? (1 Viewer)

Mike, I haven't dealt with them but they will be grey importd from this company.
Micloi has a genuine UK model with under 5000 actuations for sale at £999 which is a great price.
You wont regret the upgrade, it's so superior to the original 7D.

Mike, I haven't dealt with them but they will be grey importd from this company.
Micloi has a genuine UK model with under 5000 actuations for sale at £999 which is a great price.
You wont regret the upgrade, it's so superior to the original 7D.

Thanks Wardy for your reply and I know it sounds silly but I always buy cameras and lensese NEW. I am not wealthy just that if something goes wrong I can send it back with no problems. I usually use jessops type of retailers however now that I am retired I was looking to save a few pennies, the differential is £300 + as well as a guarantee. This would be the first I have ventured into the grey area. I realise A lot of people buy this way ie HDEW gives a guarantee.
Kind regards mike

I have no personal experience with Expedite but they're definitely grey importers, as they're based in Hong Kong. They have UK distribution but the original items are coming from HK. As they're significantly undercutting even HDEW their prices are little too good to be true, and reading around there can be issues with returns etc as their UK presence is little more than a warehouse. They're a legit company but being a bit shady with exactly how they're trading IMO.

If you want to go grey import, which is a perfectly good way to go if you're willing to trade a little extra risk for a big saving, I would stick with companies like HDEW or Flash Camera, as even though they're a bit more than the likes of Expedite they have a long track record here of good service (which I can personally vouch for) and both definitely have UK-based offices.

I have no personal experience with Expedite but they're definitely grey importers, as they're based in Hong Kong. They have UK distribution but the original items are coming from HK. As they're significantly undercutting even HDEW their prices are little too good to be true, and reading around there can be issues with returns etc as their UK presence is little more than a warehouse. They're a legit company but being a bit shady with exactly how they're trading IMO.

If you want to go grey import, which is a perfectly good way to go if you're willing to trade a little extra risk for a big saving, I would stick with companies like HDEW or Flash Camera, as even though they're a bit more than the likes of Expedite they have a long track record here of good service (which I can personally vouch for) and both definitely have UK-based offices.

Hi frinky, that's an idea I will try flash camera and see what their prices are
Kind regards Mike

I second that ! Go for a well known outfit.
Grey imports themselves have no risk attached(All 7D2's originate from the same place no matter where you buy one from) the risk is with the retailers who sell them!
I too would buy from an outfit that gives a rock solid guarantee. All worth an extra bob or two.

I've used Digital Rev and Hdew before and both are genuine and offer great prices so I think you are safe with either of those.
Good luck anyway and enjoy the camera when you get it, it's truly great.

Hi again, and thanks for your imput I tried flashcamera aka kerso but the website hasn't got anything on it will your other ideas. Once again thanks
Kind regards mike

Panamoz is another good place to deal with .

Rob.

I will second Panamoz. There are lots of good things said about them and they are good at communicating via email and tracking is good too. I got mine from them a while ago.

I will second Panamoz. There are lots of good things said about them and they are good at communicating via email and tracking is good too. I got mine from them a while ago.

And I, mine. I would not be prepared to deal with pretty much anyone offering lower prices than Panamoz. I did once through inattention and panicked like hell when I realised what I had done. It turned out OK but never again!

John

Thankyou all for your input, I am not in any rush at the mo so will wait another week or so
Kind regards Mike.

My vote too

Panamoz has my vote to wonderful service

Used them a few times without problems and they swapped out my first 7D Mkii without any hassle, they picked it up from home at no extra charge when it was clear it was a one with faulty AF, second one is fine.

You can tell more about a company when things go wrong

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back