• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss FL 8x32 with a couple of small marks on The R / H OG lens coating. (1 Viewer)

wachipilotes

Hello
I have found a Zeiss FL 8x32 of secondhand, with signs of use but in good condition, also there are a couple of small marks on
the R / H OG lens coating, the seller tells me that this does not effect the performance., And I would like to know if this is true ..
Thank you for your opinion
Best Regards,
Wachi

It may be true, but please post a photo so we can see.
It depends also how deep the marks are and where.

It will reduce the price.

Don't ask me.
I have no idea.

If the internal lens is marked, I wouldn't buy it, as this lens may be rather fragile.

If the coating doesn't just have some fine scratches, I'd stay away from that one. Any damage to the coating that covers a significant area of the lens will be visible in the image.

Hermann

Thanks for response, but How post a photo here ??
Wachi

Hi,

hit the Quote button under any post or the little Post Reply button at the lower left to get the full editor as opposed to the Quick Reply box. This has a paperclip symbol to add attachments...

As for the marks, it really depends on how much...

Joachim

Hi,

hit the Quote button under any post or the little Post Reply button at the lower left to get the full editor as opposed to the Quick Reply box. This has a paperclip symbol to add attachments...

As for the marks, it really depends on how much...

Joachim

it does work......

Attachments

• pix012626782.jpg
    pix012626782.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 95
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back